Your Adobe ID is your email address. Use the same Adobe ID to keep all your Adobe plans and products associated with a single account. An Adobe ID is what you use to login to Behance.
(If you’re getting confused and losing track of your AdobeID, stop and contact us.)
Update Your Adobe Account Email
You may want to change the email address associated with your Adobe ID if you have entered an incorrect email address or if you want to use a new primary email address.
- When logged into Behance, visit your Settings.
- Click Edit this Adobe ID on Adobe.com > you'll be directed to visit your Adobe ID settings to change your email address.
- Click Profile beneath your avatar
- Scroll down to the Account information and access section
- Click Change next to Primary email (Adobe ID)
- In the window that appears, enter a new primary email address that you want to associate with your Adobe ID
- Click Save
- Adobe sends you an email to verify the change. If you don’t receive the email, see Didn’t receive expected email from Adobe.
- If you're getting an error when you attempt to change or update your Adobe ID, it's possible that what you're trying to change it to is already an existing Adobe ID. In that case, you should use the method below.
Change The Adobe ID Associated With Your Behance Profile
You may have multiple Adobe IDs and want to associate a new Adobe ID to your Behance profile. If you have a different Adobe ID you'd like your Behance profile connected to (as opposed to simply changing the email address associated with your Adobe ID):
- Login to Behance.net using your Personal Adobe ID currently associated to your primary Behance profile
- Visit your Settings
- Click the Switch Adobe IDs option on the lefthand toolbar
- Click Use A Different Adobe ID
- Enter the new Adobe ID you wish to use and the corresponding password.
- Click Confirm Your New Login
- Once you link to a new Adobe ID, that will be your new login email address.
- If you are looking to associate an Enterprise Adobe ID to your Behance profile or move away from an Enterprise Adobe ID, please contact us.
- If you also have a connected Adobe Portfolio, you will see a different pop-up; please contact us for the support code.