Note: This feature is currently invite only. If you'd like to be invited for early access, signup here.
Step 1: Download a streaming service
Since you'll be recording what's happening in your Photoshop desktop app, you'll need a third-party tool to live stream. Feel free to use a service of your choice. Some suggestions: OBS, Wirecast, or Xsplit. Below, we'll outline the steps within OBS as an example.
- OBS: Download OBS
Note: Depending on your computer settings, you may have to visit your System Preferences to allow the download to open. (System Preferences —> Security & Privacy —> General —> Open Anyway)
Step 2: Download the Photoshop Plugin
This plugin will capture what tools you're using in Photoshop, and include them in your livestream's "Tool Timeline" so viewers can follow along as you create.
- Download the extension manager
- Download the Tool Timeline Plugin
(The latest version of Photoshop is required to use this)
This "Tool Timeline" will appear along with your livestream replay. Downloading the plugin enables this feature.
Step 3: Start streaming!
Initiate your new stream on Behance. Ready, set, go live.
Go to Behance:
- Start a new stream by visiting your profile and clicking “Go Live” under the “+” icon by your avatar.
- Under “Livestream Info,” add a title, brief description, and select a creative field, and click save when you’re done.
- Click “Get URL + Key” to generate the unique URL you’ll need to use to begin your stream.
- Open the file that you’d like to stream from.
- Open the Tool Capture extension by going to Window → Extension → Tool Timeline. (Restart your photoshop if you don’t see it.)
- Click “Start Tool Capture”
Open OBS (or your streaming service of choice):
- In “Sources,” click “+” and select “Window Capture,” then “Add New,” then choose the correct Photoshop window from the dropdown.
- Want to stream yourself as well as your Photoshop app? Add a second source by clicking “+,” choosing “Video Capture Device,” then “Add New,” and then choosing your computer’s internal camera, or a webcam.
- Click “Settings” in the bottom right corner. Then, select “Stream” from the left-hand menu. Under Service, select “Custom.” Then, paste your server URL + Key (generated on Behance) here.
- Double check that OBS is capturing what you want to stream.
- When you're ready, click "Start Streaming" on the lower right hand corner.
🎉 You're live! 🎉 (Expect a 30 second delay before you can view yourself on Behance).
- As you work in Photoshop, we’re streaming both your Photoshop application and your voice.
- Respond to chats from your viewers as you stream by viewing your streaming dashboard
- When you’re done, click “End Livestream” on Behance - this will end your broadcast. (For good measure, you should also click “Stop Livesteam” on OBS, as well as “Stop” on the Tool Timeline.)
The replay of your livestream will live in the "Videos" tab of your Behance Profile.